Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY JULY 4TH!

We just got home from the parade - what a BLAST it was to march in the parade! A FIRST EVER event for my daughter & I! It was awesome. It was HOT HOT HOT too! OhMyGosh - close to 90 with humidity to match! But it was sooooo worth every step!

A group of us from church marched with the Warren PA Postal Service - it was super special for Sami & I because my dad was a career Post Man (retiring from the Warren Post Office in 1993 - he passed away in 2002) so we marched in his honor and memory!

It was such a thrill to see sooooo many people along the parade route! We got to pass out candy, Post Office acitivity books, Post Office rulers and bookmarks!

About 1/2 way through the parade route the sweetest little 4 year old girl with long blonde hair up in two pony tails ran out to me and gave me the BIGGEST hug! I have no idea who she was, but the hug was SUCH A BLESSING! God's little surprises always amaze me!

Today is all about Independence & Freedom - not just for our country, but the true Independence & Freedom found in being saved by Jesus!

Hope ya'll have a great 4th of July!

Love & Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!! Being in a parade is so much fun! So happy that you and Sami got to experience that. It was a HOT day here yesterday too. We ate a lot of great food last night. Mike wrapped bacon around hot dogs and BBQ'd it all together. Top that with chili and cheese and we were good to go. Of course I had to have my chips and dip too. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making my mouth water reading about those bacon wrapped, chili cheese dogs! They sound super yummy!!! If I ever make it out there, I wanna try one of those!

    ReplyDelete