Friday, September 23, 2011

Time Just Keeps Marching On

You've heard that old saying, "Time flies when you're having fun", well if that's true, then time REALLY flies when you're having fun and staying busy! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time passes.  I couldn't believe when I came here today and realized I hadn't posted anything since my September 11th tribute. Wow!  It's hard to believe how our life has been in "fast forward" for the past two weeks.  Actually, when I do think about it, my head spins. (I'm not a fan of using that phrase, it always brings to mind that scene from The Exorcist...thankfully, that's NOT the head spinning I'm referring to here. LOL).

Anyone who homeschools or goes to college, or like me does both, you know how crazy the start of a school year can be.  Our kick off this year began on September 12th, as we got our homeschooling under way - it's hard to believe that my daughter's in 8th grade already!  She's working way above her grade level!  We always get excited about the beginning of a new school year and this year is no different.  In addition to her regular homeschool routine, my daughter was given two incredible opportunites through earning youth scholarships!  One is for a writing workshop provided by a local published author, who will hold weekly writing classes.  The most amazing part of this is that the author is so impressed with my daughter's writing talent, that she's agreed to mentor her!  The second big opportunity is a youth scholarship for bible college classes.  She will be one of only 5 kids in the entire world to complete this program and earn an Associate's degree!  Bible college classes resumed on the 13th - not only am I a student, but I teach the class, and to top that off, I do all the registrations and paperwork for the bible college.  It's a lot of preparation, study and work, but I love it so much!  I wouldn't change a thing.  I'm teaching the largest classes I've had, since I began doing this and the material for this semester is AMAZING

We've had such jammed packed days, that it's surprised me that I found time to study for my first test of the semester and get some pleasure reading done....as you can see from my book review posts. If all this school-related stuff weren't enough, we've been dealing with illness, doctor appointments and medical testing.  There's nothing like showing up to have some spots removed by the doctor and having the doctor almost pass out as she was preparing to do the procedure!  Stuff like that can only happen to me :)  So that appointment got rescheduled till next week. 

Today, as a break from the hectic whirlwind we've been living in, my daughter and I decided to take some time to see the new movie, "Dolphin Tale".  What an amazing, true story!  It was awesome...ranks right up there with many of my recent favorite, touching movies.  I'd highly recommend this movie to anyone and everyone!

FAVORITE QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “God is patiently transfiguring all the notes of my life into the song of His Son.” ~Ann Voskamp~

So that's what been happening in my life these past two weeks...stay tuned, there's always something going on around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment