Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-2001 ~ 9-11-2011

Sometimes there are events in life that no words can adequately describe. The terror attack of September 11, 2001, is one such event.   In my grandparents' time, it was Pearl Harbor; in my parents' time, it was the assassination of President Kennedy; in my time, it was September 11, 2001.

I've spent a lot of time this weekend, watching coverage of the new 9-11 memorials, watching old footage and news reports from the actual day and like most of the world, I've been churning over my thoughts, feelings, memories and emotions.  We've all heard and seen the accounts on our t.v. screens and in newspapers, time and time again, from the moments of the actual attack to the coverage of the anniversary. The facts will forever remain the same. The lives taken that day, will always be missed. On this ten year anniversary of the worst terror attack on US soil, I have chosen to take a little different approach to remember.

Since I believe that the children are our future and that God's word even tells us that the children will lead, I'm taking the snippets of my child's words to include because in reality, they echo the thoughts, feelings and words that most adults have had.

  • Watching Dateline on 9/11... My first time ever watching the attacks. They're worse than I thought : O
(Written by Samantha Morgan on 9/9/2011 on her FB wall after watching the Dateline Special: 9/11 American Remembers)
  • "Why did those bad people fly planes and make the building smoke?"

    I said that when I was three, and the 9/11 attacks had just happened hours before. I was confused that day on my way to Disney World, and I'm still conufsed this very moment as to why the terrorists would do such a horrible thing to our country. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who were affected. May God touch many on this anniversary.

    9/11
(Written by Samantha Morgan on 9/11/2011 on her FB wall)

I, like anyone who witnessed this event, will never forget where I was, what I was doing, how I was feeling that day....

Visual Reminders:

Before the world changed....


Terror and unimaginable horror....



Like a scene out of a movie...

Sights and sounds that no one could ever imagine...

Could this really be happening, here in America???

Who could hate us so much???

Why would they destroy so many innocent lives???

And yet, out of the horror, heroes emerged from all walks of life...

In times of tragedy, we will unite together and be resilient...


Forever thankful for those civilians who took action...


To stop more destruction, they gave their lives to save countless others...

Americans are resiliant, we are overcomers...

Because we are one nation, under God...


We will not forget....ever...





God, continue to bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment