Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well Done, Good & Faithful Servant, Well Done

It is with a breaking heart that I must tell you that at 4 p.m. (Pacific Time)/7 p.m. (Eastern Time) my dear, sweet, sister/friend, Leslie has gone home to be with Jesus. As heart-breaking as this news is, one amazing thing happened...she had always longed to come to Pennsylvania to meet/see me...well, today she made it!  It began raining at almost 7 p.m., as I stepped out on to my side porch I said, "Lord, if Leslie's going to be okay, send me a rainbow".  As I looked to the sky, yep...you guessed it...there was a rainbow!  I, as any human would, thought this meant that she'd pull through this battle, but when the phone call came in, I realized, she was stopping by to let me know that, yes, in fact, she truly was okay. 

Right now, I need some quiet, private time to spend with my thoughts and memories.  I'll be spending that quiet time on the beaches of New Smyrna Beach, FL. When I return, I will write a tribute to this incredible woman of God, who touched so many lives in so many ways. I just pray I can do her justice.

I know that when she walked into heaven this evening, she heard her Savior say, "Well done, good and faithful servant, well done."

You will forever live in my heart and my thoughts, Leslie.  I am, who I am today, because of the honor of knowing you.  I can see you "Happy Dancing" with Jesus on heaven's streets of gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment