Saturday, August 6, 2011

HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY LUCY!

Today has all been about Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday!  I Love Lucy reruns abound.  Lucy's 100th Birthday Celebration is in full swing in nearby Jamestown, NY. 

I've spent the day remembering stories I've heard from people I've known over the years. who knew Lucille Ball firsthand - many shared stories of their school days together.  Even my grandfather went to school with Lucille Ball.  I've been an I Love Lucy fan for as long as I can remember.

This is my tribute to the "Queen of Comdey" for her 100th Birthday and my small way of saying, "Thanks for all the laughs". (This is just a sampling of Lucy's life and career - narrowing them down is almost impossible)

100 YEARS - 100 PHOTO MEMORIES!

Not only was she hilarious,
but she was a beautiful woman...no matter her age!
The Most Famous Ziegfeld Girl
Lucille Ball US Postage Stamp

Rest In Peace, Lucy.
Thanks for all the wonderful memories and laughs! 

Lucille Ball's final resting place (Ball Family plot)
Lakeview Cemetery, Jamestown, NY




No comments:

Post a Comment