Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lone Star Trail by Darlene Franklin

This was the first time I've ever read anything by author Darlene Franklin.  I always approach a new-to-me author cautiously, but after reading Lone Star Trail - the first in Darlene Franklin's six-book series about four generations of the Morgan family living, fighting, and thriving amidst a turbulent Texas history spanning from 1845 to 1896, I can't wait to see how the series continues. 

In Lone Star Trail, (Jud) Morgan’s father dies for Texas’ freedom during the war for independence.  So when a group of german immigrants attempts to colonize a New Germany in his country, he takes a stand against them.

We're also introduced to Wande Fleischer - after her fiancée marries someone else, she's determined to make new life for herself in Texas.  Jud’s sister Marion helps Wande learn English and before long she becomes a trusted friend to the Morgan family.

While Wande cheerfully serves the Lord, Jud takes a liking to her, despite the fact that he dislikes the German invasion. Can he put aside his prejudice?

I can't wait to see what takes place in the next book in the series!

I'd like to thank Moody Publishers for sending me this free book as part of their Blogger Review Program. I wasn't required to give a positive review, just an honest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment