Saturday, October 8, 2011

Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo


Is there life after death? Just ask 4-year-old Colton, who emerged from life-threatening surgery with astounding details about heaven! Colton's account includes floating away, looking down on his dad praying in the hospital, seeing God's throne, and meeting relatives---including his sister who died in a miscarriage (and whom his parents had never mentioned).
I was introduced to this book, when my cousin talked about buying for a friend of his who'd just had a miscarriage.  He'd bought the book to share with her.  After him telling me about this incredible story, I just had to read it for myself.  Since then I've heard several comments both good and bad about the book.  Personally, I don't waste my time with the bad comments I've heard.  There are just times in our lives when we need to not get too caught up in the theology of life, but remain innocent and childlike in our relationship with God.  Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down.  Since I completed my reading of this book, I suggested it for a highlight book in our church's book store and we've sold several copies.  Everyone's buzzing about it!  It's a definite must read.
I wish to thank BookSneeze for the free copy of this book in exchange for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment