Friday, November 25, 2011

God's Story, Your Story - Max Lucado

Max Lucado has done it again!  It seems that every book Max Lucado writes is a blessing.  In God's Story, Your Story, Max shows how God's story of life story is interwoven beautifully with our own story.  Each chapter is filled with Scripture passages and references to show how if we only keep our eyes on God, His story will come alive in us.  Many of the messages are what we've heard many times, as seasoned believers, but who doesn't need a gentle reminder from time to time.  This is one book you'll want to keep handy to share insight from with others. I was totally blown away about the comparison of graduation and death, as well as where he shared about the plans that Winston Churchill made for his own funeral.  Those were incredible word-pictures that will live on in me.  I also love Max's easy-to-read style.  It's like sitting down with an old friend in a down-home, folksy style.  There are even discussion questions at the end, for further in-depth thought or to use in a small group setting.  There is also a youth version available and I think it'd make a great teen study.

I wish to thank the kind folks at Zondervan for my complimentary copy of this book for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment