Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Winnowing Season by Cindy Woodsmall

I have read many of Cindy Woodsmall's books. I like her style of writing very much. There is always some interesting and sometimes suspenseful things going on in the lives of the characters to keep you reading and reading until the wee hours of the morning. Her writing style has you involved in every detail of the book for hours. 


This is definitely one of my favorites from Cindy Woodsmall. I've read several of her books, but this one really topped the rest, at least for me. I loved the character development, the real thoughts and feelings of the characters, the unique way each handled different situations. I felt like Woodsmall really brought the characters to life. Not only that, but there was a lot more controversy in this book than I personally have found in most Amish books--which I liked. There were all kinds of situations and dilemmas that arose, threatening each character in a different way. The ending impressed me as well and left me wanting to get my hands on the next book to find out what happens next. Definitely recommended!

The Winnowing Season is the second book in the Vines and Orchards Series by Cindy Woodsmall. She is  my favorite author! The Winnowing Season continues where A Season for Tending left off, with the families getting ready to move to Maine to start their new orchard. They encounter many struggles in their move and their time settling into their new home, and friendships and relationships are tested. As in the first book, I felt like I really knew the characters personally, and I was riveted to the story throughout the entire book. I am looking forward to the third book in the series! 

I wish to thank Blogging For Books for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment